Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hostile alien take-over? Nah it's just Cicadas

Today on my way home I inadvertently killed 7 cicadas. (I started keeping tabs after #3) In some spots the buzzing was so loud I could hear it over my blaring car stereo. Which, if you've ever driven with me is really blaring. The sound is the strangest thing, it honestly sounds like aliens. Or what i'd imagine an alien ship would sound like landing.

The weirdest part of this cicada thing is that i've not seen a single one in my neighborhood. I get to a certain spot on the way home and suddenly the noise. just. stops. I'm not sure if they just haven't ventured this far and perhaps they will be showing up in a few days? Or..I dunno my imagination could take me far on this one, but i'll refrain so you (assuming anyone reads this junk) don't think i'm totally insane.

In other news I appear to be on the upside of my battle with Bronchitis. Sweet, sweet victory is right around the corner. Thank goodness because i'm sick of being sick and alone. Tomorrow is back to work, oh joy. I guess i'd rather be alone than at that god forsaken place but...what can you do? Gotta pay the stupid bills.

What else? I don't know really. I should be sleeping. Oh have I mentioned how totally in love with my grill I am? Yeah, in love. I grilled corn for the first time this weekend...SO GOOD.

I have more to say but my eye lids are shutting and it's past midnight. I should be getting my rest. Goodnight!

No comments: